40 Days of Prayer

Hello, hello! This is Alex. Posting a blog series was always an idea in my head, but now is the time! Since we have a shortage of Catholic posts, I thought 40 days of prayer would be a good idea. On August 1, 2018, will be the first prayer. On August 2, 2018, will be the second, and so on, and so on. I'll post the previous 5 prayers on this post. 3, 12, and 40 are common numbers in the Bible, so I thought 40 days of prayer would be fitting.

Note: I might not post a prayer every single day due to our family's busy schedule and road trips. I apologize for the inconvenience.


Note: Oh man oh man oh man. I am SO sorry you guys! I haven't posted on this in 3 months. I am so sorry. I've gotten so caught up with other things, I totally forgot about this. Another resolution of mine- KEEP DOING THIS!
Image result for day 24
Image credit https://tonibear1415.wordpress.com/2016/09/15/cycle-day-24/
January 23, Day 24
August Queen of Heaven! Sovereign Mistress of the angels! Thou who from the beginning hast received from God the power and mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech thee to send thy holy Legions, that, under thy command and by thy power, they may pursue the evil spirits, encounter them on every side, resist their bold attacks and drive them hence into the abyss of eternal woe. Amen.

Come again tomorrow for a new prayer!


-Alexis


P.S: If you want to see previous prayers, check down here! Or you can copy and paste into your own document to save them because I will only post the previous 5.


Previous 5 Prayers:



Amen.


August 23, Day 18:

This is a morning prayer I got from simplicityhumilitytrust.org

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart, in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world, in reparation for my sins, for the intentions of all my relatives and friends, and in particular for the intentions of the Holy Father. 


Amen.

August 24, Day 19:


This is called the Magnificat.

My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior; Because He has regarded the lowliness of His handmaid; for behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed; Because He who is mighty has done great things for me, and Holy is His Name; And His mercy is from generation to generation on those who fear Him. He has shown might with His arm, He has scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart. He has put down the mighty from their thrones and has exalted the lowly. He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty. He has given help to Israel, His servant, mindful of His mercy - Even as He spoke to our father - to Abraham and to his posterity forever. 

Amen.



August 27, Day 20:

The debate about whether Jesus is present in the Holy Eucharist is growing stronger, so we must all pray for guidance with this prayer from simplicityhumilitytrust.org.

My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You.  Never permit me to be separated from You.

Amen.


August 28, Day 21:

This is a prayer for the dead from www.catholic.org.

God our Father, Your power brings us to birth, Your providence guides our lives, and by Your command we return to dust. Lord, those who die still live in Your presence, their lives change but do not end. I pray in hope for my family, relatives and friends, and for all the dead known to You alone. In company with Christ, Who died and now lives, may they rejoice in Your kingdom, where all our tears are wiped away. Unite us together again in one family, to sing Your praise forever and ever. 



Amen.


September 13, Day 22: 



For all helpless little children who die in the womb of their mother, I pray that all of these little souls will be given eternal life by Our Lord, Jesus Christ, through His Divine Mercy and I beg Jesus that I be allowed to spiritually baptize a little soul born dead and I do so by saying: I baptize you (Give name, preferably a Saint’s Name) in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…’ I have called you by your name, you are Mine!’ (Is. 43:1) Amen.



Comments

Popular Posts